To achieve the best results with Invisalign, there are a few tips and tricks you can use. Above all, success with Invisalign requires consistency and maintaining a relationship with our team at Goodall Family Dentistry. If you’re new to Invisalign or considering it as an option, check out the strategies below that can help you along the way.
- Follow the Instructions: It’s important to always follow the instructions we give you. This includes using your aligners for the suggested duration of time every day and replacing them in accordance with the suggested routine.
- Maintain a Consistent Schedule: You’ll get best results if you wear your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day. If your situation is different, our team will provide you with the standard time you should wear yours. Essentially, unless told otherwise, you should only take out your aligners to eat, drink something other than water, and take care of your teeth.
- Preserve Dental Hygiene: Regularly brush your aligners and teeth, including after every meal. This lowers the incidence of cavities and gum disease, aids in preventing plaque development, and keeps your aligners in good condition.
- Rinse in Warm Water: Invisalign aligners should be rinsed in lukewarm water after removing them. This keeps them sanitized and bacteria-free. Avoid using hot water, as it can cause damage.
- Keep a Travel Toothbrush on You: When traveling, make sure you have a travel toothbrush and toothpaste with you so you can brush your teeth after meals and maintain proper oral hygiene.
- Maintain Aligners in Their Cases: When not in use, always keep your aligners in the case that comes with them. This keeps them hygienic and helps avoid loss or damage. Also, avoid wrapping them in tissues or napkins so they don’t accidentally get thrown away.
Invisalign is a great way to help you achieve a better smile, but it’s important to ensure you follow the directions our team gives you, as well as the tips above. If you’re interested in Invisalign, contact our team today.