Have you recently been in a major or minor accident that has damaged your smile, but you’re not sure if you can wait to visit your dentist? Have you been suffering unusual pain in your mouth? Here are 5 signs you need emergency dental services:
- Tooth Loss – One of the most common signs of needing emergency services is tooth loss. As soon as an accident occurs which causes you to lose a tooth, visit a dentist right away, as there may be a chance of saving the tooth. In addition, your dentist will also look for any other damage that may have occurred during the incident.
- Persistent Toothache – You could be experiencing a toothache for a number of reasons. It could be an abscessed tooth, tooth decay, damaged fillings, or a cracked tooth. If your toothache lasts longer than a couple of days and you are also experiencing a fever or earache, visit your dentist right away. You may be in need of emergency dental services.
- Loss of Crowns, Fillings, Bondings, etc. – If you lose a crown, filling, bondings, or if you have braces and something breaks, call your dentist immediately. These are not problems you can fix yourself– let your dentist fix the issue correctly so further damage isn’t caused.
- Chips – A chipped tooth can be a cosmetic nightmare and painful to the inside of your cheek and gums. Contact your dentist immediately to resolve this issue and prevent further damage.
- Cracks – A crack in a tooth can cause sensitivity and pain to your tooth and create an opening for infection. It’s important to get this taken care of right away. Call your dentist to discuss the need for emergency dental services.
We hope this has guided you to determine if you are in need of emergency dental services. If you have any questions regarding emergency dental services, please contact us at Goodall Family Dentistry today.