You should always visit your dentist regularly, not only for check-ups, but for teeth cleanings too. Sometimes it can be hard to determine if you’re in need for a cleaning outside your routine check-ups. Here are 5 signs it’s time for a teeth cleaning:
- You Suspect Tooth Decay – If you have a painful tooth and have a history of tooth decay, you may want to schedule a cleaning. If you have a small cavity, it can be repaired rather quickly. Unfortunately, when tooth decay begins, it is hard to reverse the process, which means this may result in a root canal if you wait too long.
- You Can Visibly See Tartar on Your Teeth – When you have excess plaque buildup in the area between your teeth and gums, it can turn into tartar. You might be able to remove some of it from home; however, your dentist will do a more thorough job, it’s recommended to make a teeth cleaning appointment right away.
- You Experience Symptoms of Gum Disease – A large number of bacteria in the mouth can cause gum disease. The most common sign of gum disease is bleeding of the gums after you brush or floss. To prevent further damage, contact your dentist for a cleaning.
- You Have Bad Breath – Bad breath can generally be caused by certain foods, medications, or health problems. However, if you feel you are in good health, and your bad breath can’t be solved by simply brushing your teeth, you might want to consider getting a teeth cleaning.
- You Haven’t Had a Cleaning in a While – Even if you think your oral hygiene is healthy, it’s still important to visit and consult your dentist about a cleaning. Having regular cleanings can prevent problems from forming in the first place and keep your smile happy and healthy.
We hope this guide has helped you determine if you are in need of a dental cleaning. Visiting your dentist and scheduling cleanings regularly can make a difference in your oral hygiene and you’re your smile healthy. If you have any questions regarding teeth cleaning and the services we provide, please contact us at Goodall Family Dentistry today.